Our new PVB thin film
Kuraray is a world leader in speciality polymers. The wide-ranging properties of our PVBs make them suitable for top class applications in many areas. We constantly strive to optimise their properties and develop innovative new applications.
Mowital® – part of the Kuraray group – is a leading manufacturer of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) and ionoplast interlayers. Our Mowital® range includes Mowital® Thin Film, a novel PVB film - based on Mowital® - with excellent bonding power for use as a thermoplastic interlayer.
Mowital® Thin Film can be used to laminate different materials, including multi-layer composites comprising a variety of substrates.
It is also suitable for use as a matrix material for thermoplastic prepregs. These are laminated under pressure at elevated temperatures (5 bar, 140-160 °C), to produce compact composites with excellent properties.
Standard width/length, other widths/lengths upon request
- Adhesive laminate films supplied on rolls
- High bonding power to glass, metals, ceramics, polymeric fabrics and poly-
- Thermoplastic matrix material
- Nearly unlimited shelf-life
- Multi-layer structures made of different substrates
- Multi-layer composites / laminates
- Thermoplastic prepregs
- Glass bonding, e.g. for design applications
- Fibreglass laminates
- Laminates with metal film or metal sheet, e.g. steel or copper
- Bonding of various metals
- Ceramic laminates
- Bonded honeycomb sandwich structures made from different substrates
- Lightweight constructions